This is my take on one of my mothers go-to recipes. If it's in the fridge when I swing by...I devour it.. Fresh, simple, fast and packed with explosive flavour!
Prep time :15 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
1 lb dried spaghetti
3 cloves garlic-minced
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup (250 ml) canola oil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¼ cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
3/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup parsley chopped
¼ cup capers drained and dried
½ cup (125ml) canola oil
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water for 7 minutes
- While pasta is cooking, in a small bowl add minced garlic, minced anchovy, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, lemon juice salt and pepper mix well
- Slowly drizzle in 1 cup of canola oil stirring constantly with a whisk until combined
- Heat ½ cup of canola oil in a small pan over medium heat until starting to ripple and slightly smoke, add in dry capers and fry until they stop bubbling and are crispy about 2-3 minutes. Strain out of oil and let drip dry on a paper towel.
- Once pasta is cooked and drained add the hot noodle to the dressing and toss
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes, peas, parsley and grated parmesan and toss.
- Eat while hot, garnish with more parsley and the crispy capers.
chef spencer in action!