Suns out Buns out Baby! This turkey burger recipe delivers big on flavour and texture. And if turkey isn't your game - it works with whatever protein you like to burger it up with!
1.5 pounds ground turkey meat
1/2 red Onion, diced
2 cloves Garlic, grated
1 lb ground turkey burger
1 Tbsp Chilli powder
1 Tbsp Smoked paprika
1 Tbsp Cumin
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
2 Tbsp BBQ Sauce
1 Tbsp Mustard
1 Tsbp Mayonnaise
Crispy fried onions
Cooked bacon strips
Jalapeños Jack Cheese
- Place the onion and garlic in a frying pan over medium high heat and sautee until soft. Season with salt and pepper and allow to cool.
- For the mayo, mix home made bbq sauce, mayo, and mustard reserve.
- Place turkey meat in a bowl.
- Add cooled sautéed vegetables.
- Add chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Stir in an egg.
- With clean hands or gloves, shape the mixture into 4 equal sized burgers.
- Place in the fridge to chill for 15-30 minutes before placing on the grill.
- Preheat the grill to High Heat.
- Rub the grates down with oil and place the burgers onto the hot grate. Do not touch.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes until the burger can be released easily from the grate without breaking.
- Flip the burger and cook for another 6 minutes until cooked through
- Top with slice of jalapeño jack cheese in the last minute of cooking.
- Top with bbq sauce and cooked bacon and pickled jalapeños.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest for a 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the bun with oil and place over the grill to toast.
- To build the burger, spoon burger mayo onto the top and bottom of bun.
- Add tomato and lettuce or whatever fixings you love.
- Dig in!
chef spencer in action!