In this dish, fresh tuna gets all dressed up with a bright sweet mango and creamy avocado salsa. It dances with a sauce that hits all of your taste buds. I love the way the fresh taste and how it plays with different textures! It is the perfect summer treat.
5 -8 oz albacore Tuna, long line (sustainable)
1 tsp garlic, grated
1 tsp ginger, grated
1 tsp honey
1 Tbsp soya sauce
1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp cilantro
4 Tbsp oil
1/2 peeled mango, diced
1 Avocado, diced
1 tsp lime juice
furikake for garnish (Japanese seasoning)
substitute – toasted sesame seeds
Chilli oil, garnish
cilantro leaves, garnish
radish slices – optional garnish
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and add the oil gradually while whisking to emulsify the dressing.
- Cut the mango and avocado and place in a bowl.
- Add lime juice to the fruit.
- Place the tuna in a hot pan with a splash of oil and cook for 1 minute per side. You want the outside seared, the inside cold.
- Slice into half inch slices and serve with salsa, tuna and dressing.