Tomahawk chop or regular chop - a good pork chop is fantastic on the grill when you baste it with a sweet and sticky molasses garlic butter and serve it with a warm bacon apple chutney. It's a meal that just feels like a hug!
- Preheat the bbq to medium high heat.
- Season both side of the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Place unsalted butter into pot. Add molasses, crushed garlic, brown sugar and melt over medium heat.
- Mix together and lower heat.
- Place olive oil in a skillet.
- Add onions and cook until softened.
- push onions to the side and add chopped bacon to the bare side of the skillet.
- Add chopped apples to the onions.
- Season the apples with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Toss together and let the bacon get crispy then add applesauce, apple cider vinegar and sugar.
- Mix together and allow to simmer over 20 minutes over medium low heat while you grill the pork.
- Place the pork on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn a quarter turn and continue to cook for another 2 minutes. Baste with the molasses butter .
- Flip the pork and cook for 3 minutes. Baste with molasses butter. Turn each chop a quarter turn and continue to cook for another 2 minutes or until done to desired temperature (160F).
- Allow the meat to rest and serve with chutney.
chef spencer in action!