A little bit of spice in my life keeps a smile on face, but break out in a big'll grin when it comes in a creamy Thai sauce that I can scoop up with mussels and dunk baguette fries in. This is my Happy Meal!
1 lb fresh mussels, cleaned and debearded
1 Tbsp Olive Zoil
3 Tbsp ginger
1/3 cup onion, chopped
1 Tbsp garlic
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp Thai curry paste
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp fresh cilantro
4 Tbsp butter
1 clove garlic
3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1 tsp dry parsley
salt to taste
- Clean the mussels under cold water. If the mussel is open, give it a flick with your finger. If it closes, keep if for dinner. If it says open – toss it.
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Cut the baguette into 3 equal pieces. Stand each up and cut the thickness of the bread into 3 flat slices. Cut into strips and set aside.
- Place butter for fries into a pan and place over low heat and melt.
- Add parmesan cheese and dried parsley and garlic to the butter. Add a shot of lemon juice.
- Pour over the baguette strips and toss to coat.
- Place the baguette fries on a sheet pan and place in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Start the mussels sauce.
- Chop the onion and ginger.
- Add oil to a heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger and soften for 1-2 minutes.
- Add red Thai curry paste and toast for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Shake the coconut milk can. Open and add coconut milk to the pot.
- Add lemon juice and butter.
- Add mussels, and cover with a lid. Cook for 4 -5 minutes until mussels are open.
- Add cilantro.
- Plate and enjoy!