Gorgeous, delicious, fresh, and dead easy: this is the perfect side dish at any time of year. If you use fresh corn right off the cob, it's the best. So use up those veggies and put this flavour bomb on the menu tonight!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
1 yellow zucchini
1 green zucchini
1 ½ cup (375 ml) corn kernels
1 cup (250ml) snap peas cut finely
1 medium red onion
1 large red bell pepper
4 oz chorizo sausage
½ cup (125ml) cream
½ a lemon juiced
3 Tbsp parsley- chopped
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
- Small dice zucchini, onion, pepper, and sausage.
- Heat olive oil in a large thick bottomed pan over medium high heat.
- Add chorizo and cook for a few minutes, stirring regularly until brown all over.
- Add diced onion and cook for another few minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add red pepper, and the zucchinis and cook until soft about 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add snap peas and corn and cook for 1 minute to soften.
- Add cream and let it reduce by half – stir regularly.
- Once reduced by half remove from heat and add lemon juice and parsley.
- Check seasoning, add more salt and pepper to you taste.
chef spencer in action!