This classic with a twist is the dish you should make when you feel like celebrating! Use whatever shrimp you like and create a decadent egg dish for the ages and enjoy every bite.
1 tsp chipotle powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp salt
12-16 large prawns
Half an avocado
1 Tbsp chives
juice of half a lime
4 English muffins
3 Tbsp white wine
4 egg yolks
2 splashes tabasco
2 spaces Worchesterchire
1/4 tsp sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup melted unsalted butter
- Clean the prawns and place in a bowl
- Place the spices into a bowl and mix
- Sprinkle the spice blend over the prawns
- Drizzle with lime juice
- Set aside until ready to cook
- Make the hollandaise
- Place white wine in a metal or glass bowl
- Add egg yolks and remaining ingredients
- Mix over a boiling water ( a Bain-marie) careful not to cook the eggs. Whisk the whole time and let it thicken.
- Add melted butter slowly while whisking until thick and glossy. Set aside until ready to serve
- In the same pot used for Bain Marie, water just barely bubbling, add your eggs and cook to your desired doneness.
- In a skillet, add a pad of butter and sauté the prawns until cooked. When they are almost done add a small hit of lime juice.
- Toast the English muffins. You can paint with butter and toast on a griddle over medium high heat.
- To build, place 2 slices of avocado on top of each slice of English muffin. Top with shrimp, poached egg, hollandaise and garnish with chopped chives. Serve warm and enjoy!
chef spencer in action!