This is a rustic seafood dish that is quick and delicious and fun to share. Grab a glass of wine and some fresh warm bread to drag through the decadent cream sauce and you have date night extraordinaire....wait...that rhymes!
6 Baby potatoes, half-cooked1 medium shallots, diced2 cloves of garlic, chopped1 cup of Oyster mushrooms, peeled into strips2 pieces of soleDozen mussels6 clams fresh clams1/4 lemon, juice only1/4 cup Cream3 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Dice the shallots.
- Chop the garlic.
- Pull the mushrooms into strips
- Cut the potatoes in half.
- Clean the fish and pat it dry and season with salt and pepper and with the fat side up, roll it into a log.
- Add oil to a pan. Add potatoes cut side down and mushrooms. Fry for a few minutes until they start to crisp
- Add shallots and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add clams and mussels and toss. Add juice from half a lemon and then add cream. Allow to cook for a few minutes and the cream starts to boil, add the bundles of sole and nestle them into the sauce.
- Place the skillet into the oven for 8-10 minutes or until fish is flakey and done.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh parsley and a splash of lemon.
chef spencer in action!