Smoked Salmon delivers big on flavour, but when you serve it up on crisp toasted flatbread painted in garlic butter and parmesan cheese and topped with delicious sour cream sauce, pickled onions and toasted seeds... BOOM - it's a knock out!
1/4 cup red onion, sliced
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 flat bread
3 Tbsp butter, melted
1 clove garlic, grated
2 tsp lemon zest
2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
4 Tbsp sour cream
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tsp onion powder
2 Tbsp green onions
1 tsp salt
4-6 slices salmon lox
1 tsp anise seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 Tbsp capers
1/2 tsp red chilis
- Preheat the oven to 500 F on broil.
- Cut red onions and place in a bowl with vinegar, sugar and salt and allow to marinate.
- Melt some butter in a skillet
- Grate in garlic and add lemon zest to the butter.
- Brush the seasoned butter on the flat bread and top with parmesan cheese.
- Place the flatbread under the broiler and cook until crisp 1-2 minutes.
- Place sour cream in a bowl.
- Add lemon juice and salt.
- Chop green onions thinly and add to the mixture.
- Add in onion powder and mix.
- Place anise and fennel seeds into a dry skillet and toast the seeds until they begin to smoke slightly and become fragrant (1-2 minutes).
- Remove the flatbread from the oven.
- Top with smoked salmon and sour cream. Garnish with toasted seeds, pickled onions, capers and a few red chilli flakes..
chef spencer in action!