A killer potato salad recipe is a must-have. Everyone needs one to fall back on for pot lucks, family affairs, or a quick Wednesday night meal. This one is simple, super tasty, and a winner every time.
Prep time: 20 minutes
2 lb baby new potatoes
1 lb green beans
2 stalks celery- finely chopped
½ cup (125ml) sour cream
1/3 cup (80ml) mayonnaise
2 Tbsp powdered ranch dressing
1 Tbsp (15ml) grainy Dijon
Juice of ½ a lemon
2 Tbsp dill-chopped
1/4 red onion finely diced
1 clove garlic-minced
2 Tbsp (30ml) milk
- Simmer potatoes in salted water for about 15 minutes or until fork tender all the way through.
- Trim and half green beans, blanch in boiling salted water for 1 minute or until tender, remove from water and cool immediately in a bowl of ice and water.
- While potatoes are cooking, in a mixing bowl combine the rest of the ingredients to make the dressing.
- Once the potatoes are cooked drain them and let steam for a few minutes to remove extra water
- Add the potatoes to the dressing while they are still hot and toss. Add the green beans and toss.
- Place in fridge until ready to serve.
Serve with extra dill or pea shoots as garnish
chef spencer in action!