Sometimes it is hard to see the forest for the trees, but the truth is, a simple meal that takes minutes to make is sometimes just what the Dr. ordered! Fresh simple ingredients stacked onto a toasted piece of baguette topped with a soft yolk egg and drizzled with truffle oil and Parmesan cheese makes for a casual and yet decadent treat.
2 Tbsp olive oil
6 white mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 tsp thyme leaves, chopped
2 Tbsp butter
salt & pepper
Truffle oil (garnish)
Parmesan cheese (garnish)
Balsamic vinegar (garnish)
- Preheat the oven to broil
- Place the oil in a pan over high heat.
- Slice the mushrooms and add to the hot oil and let them cook without moving for 30 seconds.
- Chop red onion and garlic
- Season them mushrooms with salt & cracked black pepper.
- Top with onion and garlic and allow to cook for another 30-90 seconds before tossing and mixing everything together.
- Slice your bread and drizzle with oil and place on a tray and under the broiler for 1 minute or until golden and toasted.
- Fry and egg in butter over medium heat to desired doneness.
- Season the egg with salt and pepper
- Toss the mushrooms and finish with butter, thyme and a splash of truffle oil if you have it.
- Remove the toast from the oven.
- Top with mushrooms, cooked egg, sprinkle of Parmesan and a drizzle of balsamic.