I won best bbq steak in North America with this recipe, and now it’s all yours! You’re welcome my friends!! I hope you love it as much as I do.
Prep time: 4-8 hours including marinating
Cook time: 6-10 minutes
2 NY strip steaks – 2 inch thick
1 cup (250ml) molasses
¾ cup (187.5ml) water
3 cloves garlic-chopped
1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves-chopped
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary-chopped
2 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl using a whisk.
- Place steaks in a shallow dish and cover in marinade, refrigerate for 4-8 hours, flip steaks half way through to insure even marinating.
- Remove steaks from marinade 30 minutes before cooking to allow them to come to room temperature. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat BBQ to high heat.
- Oil steaks lightly with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place steaks on BBQ and grill to desired cook. For medium rare, quarter turn steaks after 3 minutes, then flip after 6 minutes. Continue to cook on the other side for another 4 minutes.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes to allow the steaks to cool and reabsorb the juices
Blue cheese cauliflower, summer succotash and blistered vine tomatoes
chef spencer in action!