I love the scent of the smokey cedar plank smoke that seeps from the bbq while the salmon cooks away in this recipe. It gets a sticky and sweet top from the salty miso maple marinade and it tastes so good with the charred broccolini with the truffle vinaigrette. Sounds fancy, but so simple and SUPER delicious!
1 Cedar plank
1.5 lbs Salmon centre cut fillet
2 Tbsp White Miso
3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 cup Ice
1 medium shallot sliced
1 tsp honey
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
2 Tbsp Truffle oil
- Submerge the cedar plank in water and weight it down so that it remains under water for 2-3 hours.
- Prepare the marinade. Add the miso, maple syrup, brown sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce to the skillet and combine. Allow to simmer over medium low heat until it thickness slightly.
- Place some ice into the marinade and pour into a plastic bag.
- Add the salmon and allow to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Slice the shallots and place in a bowl. Add oil and truffle oil and combine. Place the broccolini in a bowl and pour the dressing over top. Allow to marinate until salmon is ready to grill.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and place it on the cedar plank.
- Place the plank on the grill and close the lid. Cook for 15 minutes or until the fats start to rise from to the surface and the fish is done to your liking.
- Place the broccolini over direct heat and cook for 5 minutes until charred and cooked to al dente.
- Plate and enjoy.
chef spencer in action!