There is nothing like a fresh cocktail with a kick! This one has it all - sweet mango juice, a little kick with tequila, some heat with jalapeño simple syrup, and to top it all off - bubbles!
Jalapeño Simple Syrup
2 jalapeño peppers, sliced into rounds (if you want less spicy – remove the seeds)
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
3 oz Mango Juice
6 Ice cubes
1 oz Tequila
1 oz Lime juice
1 oz Jalapeño simple syrup (see below)
2 oz Prosecco
- Prepare the simple syrup. Place the water in a pot and bring to boil. Add sugar and stir to combine. Add sliced peppers and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to steep for 20 minutes.
- Remove the peppers and pour the simple syrup into sealable jar. This will keep for two week in the refrigerator.
- Place ice in a shaker (I use a mason jar).
- Add tequila, lime juice, mango juice and simple syrup.
- Shake for 1 minute.
- Pour into a 8 oz glass and top with Prosecco.
chef spencer in action!