I love Asian flavours and this recipe is one of my faves. It has marinated tender chicken thighs steeped in delicious Asian seasoning, drizzled with a spicy yogourt and dressed with some peanuts all nestled in a perfect lettuce boat...so delicious! Sound like dinner? Sign me up!
3 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into small pieces
1 1/2 Tbsp Tamari (you can use soya sauce if you don’t have this)
1 Tbsp Soya Sauce
1 Tbsp Chinese Black Vinegar (can substitute red wine vinegar with a dash of Worcestershire)
2 tsp Shaoxing cooking wine (can sake or white wine if necessary)
2 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
1/2 Tbsp Sesame oil
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
1/2 red onion
2 garlic cloves
3 Tbsp roasted peanuts
4-6butter lettuce cups
3 Tbsp plain yogourt
1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Lemon juice
1/2 tsp of powdered ranch dressing (substitute ranch dressing)
1/2 tsp of cayenne (or to taste)
splash of water to get desired consistency if needed
- Combine the marinade ingredients into a bowl
- Cut the chicken thighs into bit sized pieces and pour half of the marinade over the chicken.
- Place the chicken into a hot nonstick wok and cook until done.
- Make the spicy yogourt by combining the ingredients into a bowl and mixing them together.
- Prepare the vegetables and cut them a similar size as the chicken.
- When chicken is done, remove from the wok and set aside.
- Clean the wok and place it back over high heat.
- Add oil to the wok and let the oil heat up before you add all of the vegetables except the green onions. Stir the vegetables while they cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the wok and toss to combine,
- Add peanuts to the wok and add more sauce to the pan to season the vegetables and allow to cook for another minute. Add the green onions and cook for another 30 seconds.
- place butter lettuce cups on a plate and scoop the chicken mixture into each cup.
- Top with spicy yogourt. Top with more peanuts and green onion (optional)