A bite to remember begins with a tart and creamy cheese enveloping a bright and juicy grape. Then coat each one in toasted pine nuts and dip it into a bacon Jalapeno cranberry sauce! Delicious!
8 strips of smoked bacon, chopped
2 shallots, sliced
1 Jalapeno, sliced (remove seeds if you want to reduce heat)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3 Tbsps brown Sugar
1 can (8oz) cranberry sauce
16 oz goat’s cheese
1 cup pine nuts, toasted
Arugula Micro-greens for garnish
- Place the bacon into a heavy bottomed pot and render out the fat.
- Add the sliced Jalapenos and shallots and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add cranberry sauce and leave to cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- While the sauce chills, chop the pine nuts.
- Roll each fresh grape in approximately 1/2 ounce of goat cheese by flattening out the cheese and wrapping around the grape. Roll between your hands until grape is completely covered and you have a nice round ball. Roll in the chopped pine nuts and set aside.
- Serve with arugula micro-greens and the spicy bacon cranberry sauce.