There are some days when you just want food to be simple and fast, but that doesn't mean that it can't still be delicious! I introduce you to my fast fave - Garlic Shrimp. It is simply the best fast food ever!
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp oil
1/2 cup breadcrumb or panko
1 garlic clove, grated
zest 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp dried dill
340 grams large shrimp/prawns
3 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp soy sauce
4 Tbsp cold butter, cubed
- place a knob of butter into a nonstick pan over medium high heat.
- Add a tsp of olive oil
- Add Panko to the pan.
- grate in garlic and lemon zest, salt and dried dill. Mix it up and toast until golden brown.
- Add a tsp of oil to a hot skillet and add shrimp. Toss to coat and season with a pinch of salt.
- Add juice of half a lemon and a splash of water.
- Add soy sauce
- Add cold butter and garlic clove and keep the pan moving while the butter slowly melts.
- Cook until shrimp are pink and cooked through and sauce is thick and creamy.
- Plate shrimp and top with crumble. Serve hot.
chef spencer in action!