New York style cheesecake is creamy and rich and so decadent. Making it crack free is the trick and this recipe reveals all of my secrets to putting up the most delicious cheesecake going. Decorate it with a phyllo nest for crunch and some colourful chocolate for some fun!
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Line a 9 inch quick release pan with a parchment circle cut to fit on the bottom of the pan. Spray the base with non-stick spray.
- Place the chocolate crumb, melted butter and sugar into a bowl and mix into a wet sand texture.
- Cook the crumb base in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside too cool.
- Raise the oven temperature to 400F.
- Add cream cheese and sugar to a mixer with the paddle and mix at medium speed until smooth. Add 3 Tbsp corn starch, lemon zest and vanilla. Mix.
- Add the eggs and egg yolk to the mix slowly and avoid over mixing. Pour the mixture over the crumb base.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 225 F and cook for an additional 25 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let sit in the oven for 1 hour.
- Put into the fridge for 5 hours before dressing and serving.
- Cut phyllo pastry into strips and fry in 350 F oil for 5 minutes. Hold the phyllo strips in a metal large laden and use a small metal ladle to push the pastry strips into a nest ship.
- Cook until golden brown and crispy. Stain onto a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
- Decorate the cheesecake with mini eggs, chocolate crumb and phyllo nest and powdered sugar.
chef spencer in action!