I love to grill lamb chops! They cook up quickly and are so tender and I can eat a dozen! The grilled veggie hummus has big flavour and it is fun to dip into. If you have extra - save it! It is delicious with chips too.
8 Lamb chops
2 cups Parsley
2 cups Cilantro
2 Tbsp Dried oregano
1/2 cup olive oil
1 lemon, juice
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp Red chilli flakes
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp black pepper
Grilled Vegetable Hummus
1 medium Eggplant
1 large yam or sweet potatoes
2 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp Lemon juice
1/4 cup chickpeas
1/2 cup olive oil
1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp chili oil
- Place the chimichurri ingredients into a blender and blitz the parsley, cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, dried oregano, chili flakes, salt and pepper together.
- Place lamb in a shallow dish. Coat in marinade,and cover for 4-8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Slice the sweet potato into coins about 1/4 inch thick. Drizzle with oil and seaon wtih salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Cut the tip and base off of the eggplant. Slice into 1/2 inch thick slices. Drizzle in oil and season with salt and pepper. Using your hands or a brush, coat the slices evenly in oil.
- Place the sweet potatoes on the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes and add your eggplant. Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the eggplant once you have char marks and the eggplant starts to soften. Remove with the potatoes when they are soft and fudgy and the eggplant when well charred and very soft.
- Remove the vegetables and allow to cool.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade. Place on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes a side for medium rare or until the internal temperature is 125 degrees F and allow to rest.
- Place the cooled vegetables into a blender. Add garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Spoon hummus onto a plate.
- Top with chilli oil and a few reserved chickpeas before serving with lamb.
chef spencer in action!