There is nothing quite like a creamy peanut sauce with a hint of lime and spice. I love dunking perfectly cooked chicken skewers into this rich sauce and you can bang it out in 10 minutes!
5 ounces Chicken Breast, cubed
1 tsp chicken stock powder
pinch of salt
3 Tbsp Ginger
4 Tbsp Onion
2 Tbsp Garlic
1 Tbsp chilli sauce or sambal oelek sauce
3 Tbsp Sweet Soya Sauce
2 Tbsp Dark Soya Sauce
1/2 cup of Coconut milk
3 Tbsp Natural Peanut butter
1 Tbsp lime juice
- Place the cubed chicken on skewers (note skewers should fit into the pan you will use to cook the chicken)
- Season with chicken stock powder and a sprinkle of salt
- Add olive oil to a pan and place chicken down to cook over medium heat.
- When chicken is cooked on one side, remove the excess oil, flip the skewers, add a splash of water and cover to let steam and finish cooking with the stove top off.
- Prepare the peanut sauce
- Peel the ginger (I like to use a spoon) and chop the ginger into a small dice.
- Dice the onion and garlic.
- Add oil to a small pan or pot and sautée the garlic, ginger and onion until soft.
- Add sweet and dark soya sauce, chilli sauce, coconut milk and peanut butter and stir to combine. Lower the heat.
- Add lime juice.
- Once chicken is cooked, plate with sauce, a squeeze of fresh lime, cilantro and top with peanuts.
chef spencer in action!