Bruschetta is the best kind of snack. Simple and make from fresh ingredients it is delicious and quick to make. My version is a little different then what you have seen before, but oh so tasty and great for sharing!
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup yogourt
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp Water
1 handful of fresh basil
3 Tbsp onion
1 medium tomato
1 clove garlic
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
pinch of pepper
- Preheat the oven on broil
- Slice the baguette into 1/4 inch slices.
- Drizzle liberally with olive oil and season with salt
- Broil for 1-3 minutes until bread is toasted.
- Dice the red onion and place into a bowl
- Slice and dice the tomatoes
- Grate the garlic into the tomato mixture
- Season with salt and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic
- Place yogurt, mayonnaise and sour cream into a blender
- Add basil and garlic, salt and a splash of water.
- Blend until basil is fully incorporated into the mayonnaise
- space basil mayo in the centre of the plate and add a mound of the tomato mixture to a plate.
- Drizzle with olive oil, more fresh basil is desired and serve with toasts.
chef spencer in action!