These spicy love dumplings with there creamy butter chicken sauce -they are naughty and nice at the same time! Double or triple up the recipe and freeze a bunch for your next party. Get your Bollywood on and dig in - you won't regret it.
1/2 lb Ground chicken
1/2 large onion, chopped
- Prepare the dumplings. Place ground chicken and alll of the spices into a bowl and mix well. Lay out the wonton wrappers in a row. Fill each with a teaspoon of the chicken mix. Moisten the edges of each wrapper and fold corner to corner. Moisten the outer edge and pinch the wide corners together into a hat. Set aside onto a plate and cover with a towel until ready to steam.
- Add Butter and oil into a pan. Add ginger, onions and garlic and cook until soften. Add chilis. Add spices and cook for a few minutes until fragrant. Cook for am additional 2 minutes. Add half of the cream and mix well until all of the spices and tomato paste are well incorporated. Add the rest of the cream and mix. Season with salt. Add cold butter and lower the heat. Let the butter melt and swirl until well melted. Allow to cook on low heat for 10- 15 minutes while you steam your dumplings.
- Place water into the bottom of a heavy bottomed pot and bring to a boil. Line a bamboo steamer with parchment paper. Place the dumplings on top of the parchment and place the lid on the bamboo steamer. Place the steamer over the boiling water. Steam the dumplings for 10-12 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and the wrappers are soft and pliable. The meat will be firm to the touch when fully cooked.
- Place the dumplings into the sauce and toss gently to coat.
- Place the dumplings on a plate and gently drizzle with yogourt sauce
- Add toasted cashews to garnish.
chef spencer in action!