This is the dip that gets people digging to the bottom of the bowl to finish. Creamy texture with soft bites of artichoke all topped in bubbling hot cheese....makes my mouth water every time!
2 cloves of garlic
1 Tbsp onion
1/4 cup of mayonnaise
1/4 sour cream
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup artichokes (canned)
1/3 Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/3 cup feta cheese
salt and pepper
- Preheat the broiler to high
- Chop the garlic and onion and add to the blender.
- Add sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Add lemon juice and artichokes.
- Add feta cheese, salt and pepper. Blitz.
- Fold in Parmesan and half of the cheddar cheese.
- Place into a shallow baking dish and top with remaining cheddar cheese and place under the broiler for3-4 minutes until cheese is melted and the dish has warmed through.
- Place butter into a fry pan and place pita bread and press into the melted butter. Place a smaller pan on top and fry until crispy – approximately 2 minutes.
- Cut the pita into wedges and serve with warm dip.
chef spencer in action!